Welcome to the Kidney and Pancreas Transplant program at Stanford Health Care.
Here are some tips to prepare for your upcoming evaluation for a kidney transplant. At the bottom of this page, you will see links to information on transplants.
Please click on the links to read the information before your appointment.
The waiting time for a deceased donor in the Bay Area is very long. You can shorten your time to a transplant if you have a living donor.
If you cannot make this appointment, we ask you to contact us at least 1 week before your appointment. You can change it to a more convenient time.
We look forward to seeing you.
Information on transplants
- SHC: Guide to Understanding Transplantation
- SHC: Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Program: Overview Video
- UNOS: Questions and Answers for Transplant Candidates about Kidney Allocation
- UNOS: Frequently Asked Questions about Multiple Listing and Waiting Time Transfer
- Navigating the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients website
- Guide to Becoming a Living Donor
- Living Donor flyer
- Evaluation for Adult Kidney Transplant Patients - Consent Form - COPY ONLY / NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED
- Caregiver Requirement Information
- Kidney Transplant Caregiver Agreement (COPY ONLY)
- [FOR FEMALES ONLY - MISCARRIAGE AND BIRTH DEFECTS] Mycophenolate and Increased Risks of Miscarriage and Birth Defects
SHC Kidney and Pancreas Transplant
750 Welch Road #200
Palo Alto, Ca. 94304